Serves 4 Cook Time 12-14 Minutes
8 canned artichoke bottoms, (1 1/2 cans), rinsed
4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
3 tsp fresh oregano, chopped,divided, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
1/3 cup turkey bacon, chopped
2 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 Tbsp nonfat plain yogurt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp water
6 large eggs
4 large egg whites
2 Tbsp reduced-fat cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. 2.
- Toss artichoke bottoms with 2 teaspoons oil and 2 teaspoons oregano. Place them top-side down on half of a large baking sheet. Spread the turkey bacon in an even layer on the other half. Roast until the artichokes are just beginning to brown and the turkey bacon is crispy, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and water in a small bowl until smooth. Beat eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, folding and stirring frequently with a heat proof rubber spatula until almost set, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and fold in cream cheese, the remaining 1 teaspoon oregano and salt.
- To serve, divide the artichoke bottoms among 4 plates. Top each artichoke with equal portions scrambled egg, crispy turkey bacon and creamy lemon sauce. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
Nutriplus (Balance Your Pyramid) Program or Maintenance Program.
Metabolic Medical Center