This shows up one night as a side dish for steak and the next night it can top fresh salad greens. So easy, so versatile, so good.
Serves 8-10 Cook Time 10 minutes
4 bell peppers (red, yellow, green) halved and seeded
4 red onions, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
2 tsp olive oil
6 portobello caps
2lbs asparagus cooking spray
1/3 Cup fat-free Vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat grill to high.
- Coat peppers and onions with cooking spray and place them on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 15 minutes or until the peppers are blackened. Place the peppers in a zip top bag and let them stand for 15 minutes.
- Chop the cooked onions into 1 inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Peel and slice the peppers into 1/2 inch strips and add them to the onions.
- Combine the oil, mushrooms, and asparagus; toss well to coat. Place them on the grill rack and cook 3 minutes on each side.
- Chop mushrooms into 1 inch pieces and add it to the onion. Slice asparagus diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces; add to the onions.
- Drizzle with dressing, toss to coat and serve. (Makes excellent leftovers.)
Recommended for patients on the Modified Profast (Fast and Flexible) Program, Nutriplus (Balance Your Pyramid) Program or Maintenance Program.
Metabolic Medical Center