Use fresh, thick salmon filets. You’ll need 8 (10 inch) skewers; soak wooden skewers in water before cooking. Also, fresh parsley makes all the difference in flavor for this dish.
Serves 4 Cook Time 5 minutes
5 Tbsp good quality olive oil
2 Tbsp good quality red wine vinegar
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper, divided
1 1/2 lb fresh salmon fillets at least 1 inch thick, skinned and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
4 oz thinly sliced turkey bacon, cut in half lengthwise
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine 4 Tbsp (1/4 Cup) oil, vinegar, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper in a bowl, mix and set aside.
- Heat the grill to high (425-550 degrees). In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil with the remaining pepper, toss in the salmon and coat all sides.
- Set out rows of 3 salmon chunks on a clean work surface. Wrap the turkey bacon around the salmon weaving long pieces between chunks. Skewer each row of salmon leaving a little separation between pieces.
- Oil the grill grates using a wad of paper towels and tongs. Set the kebobs on the grate, grill covered, turn once, until fish is barely cooked through about 5 minutes.
- Stir the fresh parsley into the bowl with the oil and vinegar and drizzle on top of the kebobs.
Recommended for patients on the Modified Profast (Fast and Flexible) Program, Nutriplus (Balance Your Pyramid) Program or Maintenance Program.
Metabolic Medical Center