Serves 4 Cook Time 45 minutes (pressing time for tofu)
Most tofu dishes require some time to press the water out of the tofu so that it can better absorb the flavors you’ll be cooking it with. This is a great recipe if you don’t feel like cooking meat but still need to get your protein in for the day, it’s lite yet filling.
1 (14 oz) package firm tofu
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
to taste salt and pepper
2 medium zucchini, cut long ways
1 small eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch rounds
lemon wedges for garnish
- Line a plate with several paper towels. Place tofu on the paper towels, top with another plate weighed down with a heavy skillet. Place in the fridge to drain. (2 hours to 8 hours).
- Remove the tofu and cut it crosswise into 8 pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Spray the grill with non-sick cooking spray and pre-heat to medium high heat.
- Brush both sides of the tofu, zucchini, and eggplant with the oil mixture and grill about 3 minutes per side until the vegetables have nice grill marks.
- To make this as a chopped salad, chop the tofu and vegetables into chunks and toss with any remaining oil and lemon mixture. You can also make this as a stacked salad, by layering eggplant, tofu, and zucchini slices and drizzle any remaining dressing across the tops.
Recommended for patients on the Modified Profast (Fast and Flexible) Program, Nutriplus (Balance Your Pyramid) Program or Maintenance Program.
Metabolic Medical Center