Serves 4-6 Cook Time 15-20 minutes
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 24 cubes
24 pieces celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
1 tsp red pepper sauce
1/2 tsp red pepper blend
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
6 Cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
1/2 Cup fat-free blue cheese (Wishbone Lite recommended)
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- On each 8-10 inch skewer, alternately thread chicken and celery, leaving 1/4 inch space between each piece.
- In a small bowl, mix oil and pepper sauce; brush over the chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with pepper blend and seasoned salt.
- Cover and grill kabobs over heat 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- On 4 plates, arrange the romaine lettuce, top with kabobs and serve with dressing.
Recommended for patients on the Modified Profast (Fast and Flexible) Program, Nutriplus (Balance Your Pyramid) Program or Maintenance Program.
Metabolic Medical Center