Serves 6 Cook Time 1 hour 10 minutes (plus cooling)
1/2 Cup white vinegar
1 juice of whole lemon
1 tsp Splenda
1/4 tsp crushed coriander seeds
1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
1/2 small red onion, sliced in thin half moons
1/2 lb snap green beans, trimmed and halved
1/2 lb pole beans, trimmed and halved
1/2 lb wax beans, trimmed and halved
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 Cup olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- In the meantime, make the brine: combine the vinegar, half the lemon juice, 1/2 Cup of water, Splenda, coriander, 1 teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Place the bell pepper and onion in a bowl, pour the hot brine vinegar mixture into the bowl over the peppers and onions and let it cool to room temperature.
- Cook the all the beans in the salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Reserve about 1/4 Cup of the vinegar mixture, then drain the bell pepper and onion and add this to the beans. Whisk the reserved vinegar mix with the remain lemon juice and mustard, then slowly whisk the oil until it’s all smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. When ready to serves sprinkle with fresh cilantro and cracked black pepper.
Recommended for patients on the Modified Profast (Fast and Flexible) Program, Nutriplus (Balance Your Pyramid) Program or Maintenance Program.
Metabolic Medical Center