Serves 6 Chill Time 1 hour
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
4 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Roast peppers under oven broiler until skin turns evenly black. Slice in half and remove the seeds. Immediately place in a plastic bag and let cool.
- Prepare the tomatoes by cutting an X on the bottom of each and boil in water for 1 minute, plunge into a cold water bath and let cool.
- Cut the eggplant into small strips and saute in oil until eggplant begins to brown. About 6 to 8 minutes. Once the eggplant is soft, add garlic.
- Rinse the peppers under cold water and remove the burnt skin (just the ash). Cut into small strips and add to eggplant. Peel cooled tomatoes, chop and add to eggplant mixture.
- Add tomato paste, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Recommended for patients on the Modified Profast (Fast and Flexible) Program, Nutriplus (Balance Your Pyramid) Program or Maintenance Program.
Metabolic Medical Center