Serves Cook Time
1 pork tenderloin (1½ lbs)
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
1/2 C low-sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 ½ tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking dish with foil.
- Combine Italian seasoning and pepper in a small bowl; mix well and rub evenly over the pork.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides, about 10 minutes. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. Transfer to a cutting board. Tent with foil and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in the same skillet and add the shallot and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the broth, mustard and a pinch of salt. Let this simmer for 2 minutes.
- Slice the pork, serve with the mustard sauce and garnish with fresh oregano.
Recommended for patients on the Modified Profast (Fast and Flexible) Program, Nutriplus (Balance Your Pyramid) Program or Maintenance Program.
Metabolic Medical Center